Living in the residence hall | rooms | Course prices | grants | facilities and services | student life & activities | admission list 2011/12 | location | faq | daily accommodation | summer accommodation | group accommodation
How to get to the Emperador Carlos V Residence Hall?
1. By train. The train station is in a very downtown area of Granada known as the Avenida de Andaluces. The telephone number is 958 27 12 72.
The Talgo train takes about 5 hours and a half from Madrid, and Seville is some 3 hours away. You can catch a taxi from the station, which will cost you an approximate 5 - 8 €.
2. By bus. Several buses from other major Spanish cities go to Granada every day. The most important bus company is Alsina Graells. You can buy tickets on the Internet in their website: www.continental-auto.es.
The station is in the outskirts of Granada, so you will have to take a taxi to get to the residence hall (which rarely costs more than 10 €), or the city lines 20 and 20 D (the stop is in front of Alcampo). On Saturdays and Sundays only line 20 is active to go to the monastery.
The Rober company offers a public transport service in Granada. For more information, consult its website www.transportesrober.com
3. By airplane. There are not many international flights, so if you come from abroad, you will first have to take an international flight to Madrid or Barcelona and then a national one to Granada. What many people do is fly to Granada and then come by bus. The airport of Granada is 12 Km from the city centre, and is communicated by several means of transport:
- Taxi. The price from the airport to the residence hall veers between 15 and 20 € (Radiotaxi: 958 280 654).
- Bus. The most economical option is to catch the bus from the airport to the city centre for 3 € (you can consult the timetable at the information telephone service at 958 245 223). You must get off at the nearest bus stop to the Triunfo and then take bus 8 or C.
How to move around Granada?
Granada is a highly accessible city. It does not have an underground service, so the bus is the best public transport alternative for travelling around the city. Consult the lines and destinations at: www.transportesrober.com/lineas.html
Emperador Carlos V Residence Hall
University Campus of Cartuja
C/ Profesor Vicente Callao, 3
Telephone: (+34) 958 18 70 00
Fax: (+34) 34 958 16 15 00
Facilities and Services