Because living in Resa Francesc Giralt i Serrà | rooms | prices | facilities and services | student life & activities | location | faq | daily accommodation | summer accommodation | Group accommodation
1. Can I choose a room?
2. Does the residence hall provide us with the sheets and towels?
3. Is there a telephone, TV and DTTV in the room?
4. May I take a television and Hi-Fi to the room?
5. Do the rooms have a microwave oven?
6. May I take the RESA furniture I do not intend to use out of the room?
7. Is there a Wi-Fi connection?
8. Is the room equipped?
9. Is there a canteen?
10. Is there any room cleaning service?
11. Is there a waste collection service?
12. Does the residence hall close during the holiday periods?
13. On which dates and at what times may one enter the residence hall once I’ve been admitted?
14. May I stay at the residence hall during the Christmas and Easter holidays? And during the summer holidays?
15. How are the monthly fees paid?
16. May a friend come over to the residence hall to study or eat?And may relatives or friends stay overnight in my room?
17. Does the residence hall have any place where I may leave things during the summer holidays?
18. Are there any timetables for entering and leaving? Does the residence hall close at any time?
19. Do I have to deliver the key every time I leave the residence hall or at weekends?
20. Are there university canteens near the residence hall?
21. Is the residence hall well connected with the bus station and the train station?
22. Are there any sports centres nearby?
23. Are there any supermarkets near the residence hall?
24. Where must I go if I need health care?
25. Where is the nearest library?
26. I’m a foreigner and have no current account number in Spain. How can I open an account from where I am?
27. Does the monthly fee include everything?
28. Once I leave the residence hall, how long will it take for the guarentee deposit to be returned?
29. May I register at the residence hall if I’m not going to study at the Technical University of Catalonia?
30. Can you guarantee that I will have a place at the residence hall if I fill in the advance registration form and I pay for the registration within the term specified?
31. If I have made the advance registration application and have been admitted, will I be returned the registration payment if I cancel the application?
32. What if I should leave the residence hall mid-year and I do not stay for the full 10 months?
33. How will I know that I have been admitted?
34. How does the selection process work?
35. Do we have to include our credit card data in the booking?
1. Can I choose a room? You can specify your preferences and choose the type of room, but we choose them ourselves according to the list of place selections and the preferences marked in the advance registration online form. Former residents will choose first.
2. Does the residence hall provide us with the sheets and towels? If you intend to do a full-year or intermediate stay, the residence hall does not provide them and you will have to bring your own, but if you prefer, you can hire this extra service when applying for the place, as is indicated on the advance registration application form. For daily stays (days and/or weeks), the cleaning and delivery of sheets and towels are included in the price.
3. Is there a telephone, TV and DTTV in the room? All the rooms have a telephone of their own that is connected to the building switchboard, thus permitting direct access to the telephone network. Incoming calls from outside the building as well as calls between rooms within the building are free of charge. In order to make a call to the outside of the building, the resident will have to have paid whatever amount deemed convenient (a minimum of 5 €) into his/her personal account, at the administration office.
There is no television in the room, but there is TV connection, so you may bring your own TV if you want to. We have DTTV service, but you have to bring your own decoder.
4. May I take a television and Hi-Fi to the room? Yes, you may bring your own radio, TV or audiovisual equipments into the room (one single appliance of each type per person), but they may only be listened to while wearing earphones or at a volume one’s roommate or neighbouring resident may not hear.
9. Is there a canteen in the residence hall? There residence hall does not have a canteen, for all the rooms have a kitchen, but in the university campus, you will find many bars and restaurants offering menus at midday at very accessible prices.
10. Is there any room cleaning service? For year and intermediate stays, the cleaning of the rooms is an optional service that is not included in the monthly fee and which you may hire separately. However, if you are staying at the residence hall for a few days, the cleaning and replacement of towels and sheets will be included in the price.
13. On which dates and at what times may one enter the residence hall once I’ve been admitted? Any time starting the day in which the contract period begins, giving due notice to management by telephone or e-mail. If you are not able to communicate through those means you need to let them know by whichever way is available to you. If you desire to enter days in advance you should communicate that as well so they can accommodate, provided the availability of the room.
Is this possible at weekends? No, the admission may take place when the Secretary is working, from 9 am to 1 pm and from 3 pm to 6 m.
14. May I stay at the residence hall during the Christmas and Easter holidays? Since the residence hall does not close at any moment in the year, you will be able to remain there during your whole booking period.
And during the summer holidays? Yes, this will require giving prior notice to the management and extending the duration of the stay.
15. How are the monthly fees paid? Monthly fees will be paid between the 1st and 5th of each month by bank debit from the account specified in the advance registration form. The first two weeks of august, the following will be sent by post: the letter of acceptance, the accomodation contract and other contractual documents. The letter of acceptance will also indicate how you must carry out the payment of the deposit. You must send the documents asked in the letter of acceptance.
16. May a friend come over to the residence hall to study or eat? Yes, until midnight and observing some regulations. Visitors must always remain in the company of the resident. The regime visits will be given in the Inner Rules of Procedure.
And may relatives or friends stay overnight in my room? The resident will be entitled, on an exceptional basis, to request the Management to provide the installation of an additional bed for an eventual companion, who will have to be of legal age and pay the amount established for the purpose.
18. Are there any timetables for entering and leaving? Does the residence hall close at any time? The resident is absolutely free to leave and enter the may the residence hall at any time. Decisions to enter to enter or leave for holidays, as well as absences exceeding 72 hours, will have to be reported beforehand to the manager.
The residence hall does not close its doors, each resident may gain access with a key at any time of the day or night.
26. I’m a foreigner and have no current account number in Spain. How can I open an account from where I am? When you arrive at the residence hall, we’ll tell you about the nearby banks where you can open a current account.
27.Does the monthly fee include everything? No, it only includes accommodation, computer connection with Internet access, telephone line (incoming calls and internal calls) and VAT. It does not include water and electricity consumption or the hiring of optional services (cleaning of the room and delivery of sheets and towels), along with the telephone calls, which will be paid for separately.
28. Once I leave the residence hall, how long will it take for the guarentee deposit to be returned? The guarantee deposit will be returned two months after the period of stay at the residence hall has finished.
29. May I register at the residence hall if I’m not going to study at the Technical University of Catalonia? You may carry out the advance registration, but preference will be given to UPC students. You will be admitted in the event of vacancies.
30. Can you guarantee that I will have a place at the residence hall if I fill in the advance registration form and I pay for the registration within the term specified? Place confirmation will be obtained once the list of admissions has been published at this website.
31. If I have made the advance registration application and have been admitted, will I be returned the registration payment if I cancel the application? No, the registration payment will only be returned in the events especified at the registration conditions.
33. How will I know that I have been admitted? A list of those persons admitted and not admitted will be published in the website of RESA. If you are admitted, you will receive the letter of acceptance after the 14 July, the accommodation contract and the internal rules during the first days of August. In order to definitively formalise your booking, it is essential that you send the documentation requested in the acceptance letter before the end of August.
35. Do we have to include our credit card data in the booking? Yes, this is essential for the purposes of guaranteeing the booking and for covering possible penalties (annulments made with a term of less than 24 hours before the day of entering and damages to the facilities and goods of the residence hall).
C/ Ramón y Cajal, 44
4408222 Terrassa (Barcelona)
Telephone: 0034 93 736 09 00
Fax: 0034 93 736 09 33