student life & activities
Living in the residence hall | rooms | prices | facilities and services | Canteen-café | student life & activities | admission list | location | faq | daily accommodation | summer accommodation | group accommodation
Activities in the Alcalá (Madrid) residence hall
The Giner de los Ríos Residence Hall organises various recreational, sports, cultural and other activities for promoting social life among students and bringing them closer to the university community.
It is for this purpose that we have a coordinator, a veteran resident in charge of planning the calendar and conveying the activities to be carried out throughout the year to the other students.
Moreover, a team of volunteers will receive the students on their day of arrival at the residence hall, in order to show them the facilities, the room assigned, and create the beginning inventory, etc. Click for information on the team of trainees of the residence hall.
Giner de los Ríos activities
The purpose of the activities is a highly varied one: meeting your fellow students (especially if this is your first year at university), making friends, learning, sharing interests, finding sources of entertainment, promoting harmonious fellowship, etc. Participation is always voluntary.
‘Welcome days’, as they are called, will take place during the first week of the academic year, with different activities being celebrated so that students may get to know one another as well as become familiar with the staff of the residence hall. In order to be up to date on the activities in your centre, you may refer to the information and posters that will appear in the residence hall as well as on the Facebook page of Giner de los Ríos Hall of Residences.
Below you will find a list of the activities carried out throughout the year in all residence halls. Go for it and participate!*
- Educational: tutorials, seminars, workshops, conferences, courses…
- Cultural: excursions, visits to museums and cultural centres, reading club, cooking contests, etc.
- Recreational: welcome party, Christmas, Carnival parties, Halloween, end of year parties…
- Sports: sports tournaments: football, basketball, table tennis, billiards, table football.
- Others: charity programmes (food collection campaigns, volunteering work, etc.)
- Participation in the activities is always voluntary
- The above activities may be modified or cancelled if they fail to attract a certain number of participants.
Giner de los Ríos Residence Hall
Campus of the University of Alcalá
Ctra. Madrid - Barcelona, km. 33,600
28871 Alcalá de Henares (Madrid)
Telephone: 0034 91 181 81 00
Fax: 0034 91 879 83 32
Facilities and Services