1. Can I choose a room?
2. Does the residence hall provide us with the sheets and towels?
3. Is there a telephone, TV and DTTV in the room?
4. May I take a television and Hi-Fi to the room?
5. Do the rooms have a microwave oven?
6. May I take the RESA furniture I do not intend to use out of the room?
7. Is there a Wi-Fi connection?
8. Is there a printer in the computer room?
9. Is there a lift?
10. Is there any room cleaning service?
11. Is there a waste collection service?
12. Does the residence hall close during the holiday periods?
13. On which dates and at what times may one enter the residence hall once I’ve been admitted?
14. May I stay at the residence hall during the Christmas and Easter holidays? And during the summer holidays?
15. What is payment on account?
16. May a friend come over to the residence hall to study or eat?And may relatives or friends stay overnight in my room?
17. Does the residence hall have any place where I may leave things during the summer holidays?
18. Are there any timetables for entering and leaving? Does the residence hall close at any time?
19. Do I have to deliver the key every time I leave the residence hall or at weekends?
20. Are there university canteens near the residence hall?
21. Is the residence hall well connected with the bus station and the train station?
22. Are there any sports centres nearby?
23. Are there any supermarkets near the residence hall?
24. Where must I go if I need health care?
25. Where is the nearest library?
26. I’m a foreigner and have no current account number in Spain. How can I open an account from where I am?
27. Does the monthly fee include everything?
28. Once I leave the residence hall, how long will it take for the bond to be returned?
29. May I register at the residence hall if I’m not going to study at the University of Alcalá?
30. Can you guarantee that I will have a place at the residence hall if I fill in the advance registration form and I pay for the registration within the term specified?
31. If I have made the advance registration application and have been admitted, will I be returned the registration payment if I cancel the application?
32. What if I should leave the residence hall mid-year and I do not stay for the full 10 months?
33. How will I know that I have been admitted?
34. How does the selection process work?
35. How are the monthly fees paid?
36. Do we have to include our credit card data in the booking?
1. Can I choose a room? You can specify your preferences and choose the type of room, but we choose them ourselves according to the list of place selections and the preferences marked in the application file.
2. Does the residence hall provide us with the sheets and towels? If you intend to do a full-year or intermediate stay, the residence hall does not provide them and you will have to bring your own, but if you prefer, you can hire this extra service when applying for the place, as is indicated on the advance registration application form.
For daily stays (days and/or weeks), the cleaning and delivery of sheets and towels are included in the price.
3. Is there a telephone, TV and DTTV in the room? All the rooms have their own telephone connected to the building switchboard, allowing direct access to the telephone network. All incoming calls and calls between rooms within the building are free of charge. In order to make calls to the outside of the building, the resident will have to have gone to the administration office and deposited what amount he/she has deemed convenient in his/her personal account (the minimum being 5€).
The room has a TV antenna connection. Only in the double space rooms is there a TV set.
4. May I take a television and Hi-Fi to the room? Yes, you may bring your own radio, TV or audiovisual equipments into the room (one single appliance of each type per person), but they may only be listened to while wearing earphones or at a volume one’s roommate or neighbouring resident may not hear.
10. Is there any room cleaning service? For year and intermediate stays, the cleaning of the rooms is an optional service that is not included in the monthly fee and which you may hire separately.
However, if you are staying at the residence hall for a few days, the cleaning and replacement of towels and sheets will be included in the price.
13. On which dates and at what times may one enter the residence hall once I’ve been admitted? On any day starting from the day on which the contract period begins, giving due notice to the management.
Is this possible at weekends? It is preferable that residents must arrive on a working day and at working hours (from 8 am to 7 pm). You can only arrive in the weekends if you ask to the manager in writing.
14. May I stay at the residence hall during the Christmas and Easter holidays? Since the residence hall does not close at any moment in the year, you will be able to remain there during your whole booking period.
And during the summer holidays? Yes, as long as you inform the management with due notice.
16. May a friend come over to the residence hall to study or eat? Yes, upon registering at the reception of the residence hall.
And may relatives or friends stay overnight in my room? Yes, if they pay the fees for overnight stays.
18. Are there any timetables for entering and leaving? Does the residence hall close at any time? The residence hall is open 24 hours a day. The resident have their own access key to the residence hall and the room.
24. Where must I go if I need health care? To the nearest health centre, which is 5 minutes away by bus.
25. Where is the nearest library? There are libraries in any department of the campus, all of them less than 10 minutes away.
26. I’m a foreigner and have no current account number in Spain. How can I open an account from where I am? When you arrive at the residence hall, we’ll tell you about the nearby banks where you can open a current account.
27. Does the monthly fee include everything? No, it only includes accommodation, computer connection with Internet access, telephone line (incoming calls and internal calls) and VAT. It does not include water, gas and electricity consumption or the hiring of optional services (cleaning of the room and delivery of sheets and towels).
29. May I register at the residence hall if I’m not going to study at the University of Alcalá ? Students of the University of Alcalá will be given priority over other students, but students from other universities or centres may also register, as long as there are vacancies.
30. Can you guarantee that I will have a place at the residence hall if I fill in the advance registration form and I pay for the registration within the term specified? Place confirmation will be obtained once the list of admissions has been published at this website.
31. If I have made the advance registration application and have been admitted, will I be returned the registration payment if I cancel the application? No, the payment is only returned if the residence cannot assign the place requested for lack of availability or are not able to offer the type of residence requested before the start of the contract.
33. How will I know that I have been admitted? A list of those persons admitted and not admitted will be published in the website of RESA. If you are admitted, you will receive the letter of acceptance during the first days of August, along with the access codes to the users zone of the RESA website, for you to accept the accommodation contract online. In order to definitively formalise your booking, it is essential that you accept the contract online and send the documentation requested in the acceptance letter before the end of August.
36. Do we have to include our credit card data in the booking? Yes, this is essential for the purposes of guaranteeing the booking and for covering possible penalties (annulments made with a term of less than 24 hours before the day of entering and damages to the facilities and goods of the residence hall).
Giner de los Ríos Residence Hall
Campus of the University of Alcalá
Ctra. Madrid - Barcelona, km. 33,600
28871 Alcalá de Henares (Madrid)
Telephone: 0034 91 181 81 00
Fax: 0034 91 879 83 32
Facilities and Services