1. Can I choose a room?
2. Does the residence hall provide us with the sheets and towels?
3. Is there a telephone, TV and DTTV in the room?
4. May I take a television and Hi-Fi to the room?
5. Do the rooms have a microwave oven?
6. May I take the RESA furniture I do not intend to use out of the room?
7. Is there a Wi-Fi connection?
8. Is there a printer in the computer room?
9. Is there a canteen in the residence hall?
10. Is there any room cleaning service?
11. Is there a waste collection service?
12. Does the residence hall close during the holiday periods?
13. On which dates and at what times may one enter the residence hall once I’ve been admitted?
14. May I stay at the residence hall during the Christmas and Easter holidays? And during the summer holidays?
15. How are the monthly fees paid?
16. May a friend come over to the residence hall to study or eat?And may relatives or friends stay overnight in my room?
17. Does the residence hall have any place where I may leave things during the summer holidays?
18. Are there any timetables for entering and leaving? Does the residence hall close at any time?
19. Do I have to deliver the key every time I leave the residence hall or at weekends?
20. Are there university canteens near the residence hall?
21. Is the residence hall well connected with the bus station and the train station?
22. Are there any sports centres nearby?
23. Are there any supermarkets near the residence hall?
24. Where must I go if I need health care?
25. Where is the nearest library?
26. I’m a foreigner and have no current account number in Spain. How can I open an account from where I am?
27. Does the monthly fee include everything?
28. Once I leave the residence hall, how long will it take for the guarantee deposit to be returned?
29. May I register at the residence hall if I’m not going to study at the Technical University of Catalonia?
30. Can you guarantee that I will have a place at the residence hall if I fill in the advance registration form and I pay for the registration within the term specified?
31. If I have made the advance registration application and have been admitted, will I be returned the registration payment if I cancel the application?
32. What if I should leave the residence hall mid-year and I do not stay for the full 12 months?
33. How will I know that I have been admitted?
34. How does the selection process work?
35. Do we have to include our credit card data in the booking?
1. Can I choose a room? You can specify your preferences and choose the type of room, but we choose them ourselves according to the list of place selections and the preferences marked in the application file.
2. Does the residence hall provide us with the sheets and towels? If you intend to do a full-year or intermediate stay, the residence hall does not provide them and you will have to bring your own, but if you prefer, you can hire this extra service when applying for the place, as is indicated on the advance registration application form.
For daily stays (days and/or weeks), the cleaning and delivery of sheets and towels are included in the price.
3. Is there a telephone, TV and DTTV in the room? All the rooms have their own telephone connected to the building switchboard, allowing direct access to the telephone network. All incoming calls and calls between rooms within the building are free of charge. In order to make calls to the outside of the building, the resident will have to have gone to the administration office and deposited what amount he/she has deemed convenient in his/her personal account (the minimum being 5€). All the rooms have TV antenna connection but there is not a TV set.
4. May I take a television and Hi-Fi to the room? Yes, you may bring your own radio, TV or audiovisual equipments into the room (one single appliance of each type per person), but they may only be listened to while wearing earphones or at a volume one’s roommate or neighbouring resident may not hear.
9. Is there a canteen in the residence hall? Since all the rooms are equipped with their own kitchen, we do not have a canteen service. But there are several bars with economic menus near the residence hall.
10. Is there any room cleaning service? For year and intermediate stays, the cleaning of the rooms is an optional service that is not included in the monthly fee and which you may hire separately.
However, if you are staying at the residence hall for a few days, the cleaning and replacement of towels and sheets will be included in the price.
11. Is there a waste collection service? No, each resident must take out his/her own waste to the containers outside the residence hall. It is forbidden to leave the bags in the corridors and common areas.
13. On which dates and at what times may one enter the residence hall once I’ve been admitted? On any day starting from the day on which the contract period begins, giving due notice to the management. By telephone or by e-mail. Is this possible at weekends? No, the admission may take place between Monday and Friday during working hours, from 9 am to 14 pm and from 16 pm to 19 pm.
14. May I stay at the residence hall during the Christmas and Easter holidays? Since the residence hall does not close at any moment in the year, you will be able to remain there during your whole booking period.
And during the summer holidays? Yes, as long as you give prior notice at reception and the room is available.
16. May a friend come over to the residence hall to study or eat? Yes, As long as you remain with the visitor all the time and he/she respects the norms of the Residence Hall. Visitors will under no circumstances be allowed to remain in the Residence Hall after midnight. A failure to observe this rule will lead to the expulsion of the person from outside the residence hall and constitute an act of extreme misconduct on the part of the resident that has allowed this to happen.
And may relatives or friends stay overnight in my room? Friends or relatives will occasionally be allowed to stay but you must remember that they must pass by reception to identify themselves and pay the amount for staying overnight.
18. Are there any timetables for entering and leaving? The residence hall is open 24 hours a day, so there is no established timetable. Every resident will have a key to access the building and his/her room.
Does the residence hall close at any time?No, it will remain open all year long.
21. Is the residence hall well connected with the bus station and the train station? A few metres away, in Plaza Lesseps itself, there is the “Lesseps” underground station of the green line, and it is very comfortable from there to get to the bus station and RENFE train stations.
23. Are there any supermarkets near the residence hall? Yes, Gracia is one of the emblematic neighbourhoods in the city and, in addition to its excellent, location, it has many supermarkets, a wholesale food market and grocery stores.
24. Where must I go if I need health care? The nearest hospital is the Hospital de la Esperanza (Sant Josep de la Muntanya, 12- 08024, Barcelona. Tel. 93 367 41 00). And the nearest Primary Care Centre is Cap Larrad (In Travessera de Dalt, 79- 08024 Barcelona. Tel. 902 011 040)
26. I’m a foreigner and have no current account number in Spain. How can I open an account from where I am? When you arrive at the residence hall, we’ll tell you about the nearby banks where you can open a current account.
27. Does the monthly fee include everything? It includes accommodation, the fixed telephone quota, computer connection with Internet connection (with the limitations of the provider company and the rules of use) TV antenna, satellite receiver, use of the common areas and VAT. Water and electricity consumptions are not included as neither are telephone calls made to the outside of the building, which will be paid for separately.
28. Once I leave the residence hall, how long will it take for the guarantee deposit to be returned? The guarantee deposit will be returned two months after the period of stay at the residence hall has finished.
29. May I register at the residence hall if I’m not going to study at the Technical University of Catalonia or at Ramón Llull University? No, only students registered at these two universities will be admitted.
30. Can you guarantee that I will have a place at the residence hall if I fill in the advance registration form and I pay for the registration within the term specified? No, a selection process is needed, made on the basis of criteria given us by the university each year, and the list of persons admitted will be published at this web site.
31. If I have made the advance registration application and have been admitted, will I be returned the registration payment if I cancel the application? No, the registration payment will only be returned in the events especified at the registration conditions.
35. Do we have to include our credit card data in the booking? Yes, this is essential for the purposes of guaranteeing the booking and for covering possible penalties (annulments made with a term of less than 24 hours before the day of entering and damages to the facilities and goods of the residence hall).
Lesseps Residence Hall
Plaza Lesseps, 12
Telephone: (+34) 93 394 16 00
Fax: (+34) 93 394 16 01
Facilities and Services