Frequently asked questions
Because living in Resa Pere Felip Monlau | rooms | prices | facilities and services | comedor | student life & activities | admission list | location | Frequently asked questions | daily accommodation | summer accommodation | group accommodation
1. Can I choose a room?
2. Does the residence hall provide us with the sheets and towels?
3. Is there a telephone, TV and DTTV in the room?
4. May I take a television and Hi-Fi to the room?
5. Do the rooms have a microwave oven?
6. May I take the RESA furniture I do not intend to use out of the room?
7. Is there a Wi-Fi connection?
8. Is there a printer in the computer room?
9. Is there a canteen in the residence hall?
10. Is there any room cleaning service?
11. Is there a waste collection service?
12. Does the residence hall close during the holiday periods?
13. On which dates and at what times may one enter the residence hall once I’ve been admitted?
14. May I stay at the residence hall during the Christmas and Easter holidays? And during the summer holidays?
15. How are the monthly fees paid?
16. May a friend come over to the residence hall to study or eat? And may relatives or friends stay overnight in my room?
17. Does the residence hall have any place where I may leave things during the summer holidays?
18. Are there any timetables for entering and leaving? Does the residence hall close at any time?
19. Do I have to deliver the key every time I leave the residence hall or at weekends?
20. Are there university canteens near the residence hall?
21. Is the residence hall well connected with the bus station and the train station?
22. Are there any sports centres nearby?
23. Are there any supermarkets near the residence hall?
24. Where must I go if I need health care?
25. Where is the nearest library?
26. I’m a foreigner and have no current account number in Spain. How can I open an account from where I am?
27. Does the monthly fee include everything?
28. Once I leave the residence hall, how long will it take for the guarantee deposit to be returned?
29. May I register at the residence hall if I’m not going to study at the Technical University of Catalonia?
30. Can you guarantee that I will have a place at the residence hall if I fill in the advance registration form and I pay for the registration within the term specified?
31. If I have made the advance registration application and have been admitted, will I be returned the registration payment if I cancel the application?
32. What if I should leave the residence hall mid-year and I do not stay for the full 12 months?
33. How will I know that I have been admitted?
34. How does the selection process work?
35 .Do we have to include our credit card data in the booking?
1. Can I choose a room? You can specify your preferences and choose the type of room, but we choose them ourselves according to the list of place selections and the preferences marked in the application file. Former residents will choose first.
2. Does the residence hall provide us with the sheets and towels? If you intend to do a full-year or intermediate stay, the residence hall does not provide them and you will have to bring your own, but if you prefer, you can hire this extra service when applying for the place, as is indicated on the advance registration application form.
3. Is there a telephone, TV and DTTV in the room? All the rooms have their own telephone connected to the building switchboard, allowing direct access to the telephone network. All incoming calls and calls between rooms within the building are free of charge. In order to make calls to the outside of the building, the resident will have to have gone to the administration office and deposited what amount he found convenient in his/her personal account (at a minimum of 5€). The room has a connection for the antenna, but not a television. As for DTTV, this has yet to be installed in the residence hall.
4. May I take a television and Hi-Fi to the room? Yes, you may bring your own radio, TV or audiovisual equipments into the room (one single appliance of each type per person), but they may only be listened to while wearing earphones or at a volume one’s roommate or neighbouring resident may not hear.
9. Is there a canteen in the residence hall? There is a café-bar in the shopping establishments of the residence hall, and it can be accessed from the residence hall itself. It is open from there is Monday to Friday from 7 am to 3:30 pm all year long.
13. On which dates and at what times may one enter the residence hall once I’ve been admitted? On any day starting from the day on which the contract period begins, giving due notice to the management by telephone or e-mail.
Is this possible at weekends? No, only is posible from Monday to Friday during reception hours, from 9 am to 7 pm.
14. May I stay at the residence hall during the Christmas and Easter holidays? Since the residence hall does not close at any moment in the year, you will be able to remain there during your whole booking period.
And during the summer holidays? Yes.
16. May a friend come over to the residence hall to study or eat? Yes, as long as the resident assumes responsibility for the visitor during his/her time within the residence hall.
And may relatives or friends stay overnight in my room? No.
18. Are there any timetables for entering and leaving? Does the residence hall close at any time? Residents have no restrictions for the time they may leave or enter the residence hall. Each resident has a key to the entrance door of the residence hall and another key to his/her room, so it will be possible to enter and leave at one’s convenience.
26. I’m a foreigner and have no current account number in Spain. How can I open an account from where I am? When you arrive at the residence hall, we’ll tell you about the nearby banks where you can open a current account.
27. Does the monthly fee include everything? No, it only includes accommodation, TV, computer connection with Internet access, telephone line (incoming calls and internal calls) and VAT. It does not include water and electricity consumption or the hiring of optional services (cleaning of the room and delivery of sheets and towels), along with the telephone calls, which will be paid for separately.
30. Can you guarantee that I will have a place at the residence hall if I fill in the advance registration form and I pay for the registration within the term specified? Place confirmation will be obtained once the list of admissions has been published at the website www.resa.es
31. If I have made the advance registration application and have been admitted, will I be returned the registration payment if I cancel the application? No, the registration payment will only be returned in the events especified at the registration conditions.
33. How will I know that I have been admitted? A list of those persons admitted and not admitted will be published in the website of RESA. If you are admitted, you will receive the letter of acceptance, the accommodation contract and the internal rules. In order to definitively formalise your booking, it is essential that you send the documentation requested in the acceptance letter before the end of August.
35. Do we have to include our credit card data in the booking? Yes, this is essential for the purposes of guaranteeing the booking and for covering possible penalties (annulments made with a term of less than 24 hours before the day of entering and damages to the facilities and goods of the residence hall).
Pere Felip Monlau Residence Hall
C/ Sant Oleguer, 20-22
Telephone: (+34) 93 394 31 00
Fax: (+34) 93 443 23 65
Facilities and Services