Because living in Resa Sant Jordi | rooms | prices | facilities and services | actividades | admission list | location | faq | Tarragona Youth Hostel | daily accommodation | group accommodation | summer accommodation
1. Can I choose a room?
2. Does the residence hall provide us with the sheets and towels?
3. Is there a telephone, TV and DTTV in the room?
4. May I take a television and Hi-Fi to the room?
5. May I take the RESA furniture I do not intend to use out of the room?
6. Is there a Wi-Fi connection?
7. Is there a printer in the computer room?
8. Is there a canteen in the residence hall? What is the timetable?
9. If my class does not allow me to eat at the canteen, what is the solution?
10. What does the full board included in the monthly fee consist of?
11. What is lunch and dinner like? Can one choose the dishes?
12. How does the canteen function? What types of menus are there?
13. What does the breakfast consist of?
14. Does the full board include a snack?
15. Is there any room cleaning service?
16. May I bring a refrigerator to my room?
17. What are the exterior bathrooms like?
18. Does the residence hall close during the holiday periods?
19. On which dates and at what times may one enter the residence hall once I’ve been admitted?
20. May I stay at the residence hall during the Christmas and Easter holidays? And during the summer holidays?
21. How are the monthly fees paid?
22. May a friend come over to the residence hall to study or eat?And may relatives or friends stay overnight in my room?
23. Does the residence hall have any place where I may leave things during the summer holidays?
24. Are there any timetables for entering and leaving? Does the residence hall close at any time?
25. Do I have to deliver the key every time I leave the residence hall or at weekends?
26. Is the residence hall well connected with the bus station and the train station?
27. Are there any sports centres nearby?
28. Where must I go if I need health care?
29. Where is the nearest library?
30. I’m a foreigner and have no current account number in Spain. How can I open an account from where I am?
31. Does the monthly fee include everything?
32. Once I leave the residence hall, how long will it take for the guarantee deposit to be returned?
33. May I register at the residence hall if I’m not going to study at the Rovira i Virgili University ?
34. Can you guarantee that I will have a place at the residence hall if I fill in the advance resgistration form and I pay for the registration within the term specified?
35. If I have made the advance registration application and have been admitted, will I be returned the registration payment if I cancel the application?
36. What if I should leave the residence hall mid-year and I do not stay for the full 9,5 months?
37. How will I know that I have been admitted?
38. Do we have to include our credit card data in the booking?
1. Can I choose a room? You can specify your preferences and choose the type of room, but we choose them ourselves according to the list of place selections and the preferences marked in the application file. Former residents will choose first.
2. Does the residence hall provide us with the sheets and towels? If you intend to do a full-year or intermediate stay, the residence hall does not provide them and you will have to bring your own, but if you prefer, you can hire this extra service when applying for the place, as is indicated on the advance registration application form. For daily stays (days and/or weeks), the cleaning and delivery of sheets and towels are included in the price.
3. Is there a telephone, TV and DTTV in the room? All the rooms have their own telephone connected to the building switchboard, allowing direct access to the telephone network. All incoming calls and calls between rooms within the building are free of charge. In order to make calls to the outside of the building, the resident will have to have gone to the administration office and deposited what amount he/she has deemed convenient in his/her personal account (the minimum being 5€). Rooms do not have a TV connection nor DTTV.
4. May I take a television and Hi-Fi to the room? Yes, you may bring your own radio, TV or audiovisual equipments into the room (one single appliance of each type per person), but they may only be listened to while wearing earphones or at a volume one’s roommate or neighbouring resident may not hear.
8. Is there a canteen in the residence hall? Yes, there is a canteen in the residence hall.
What is the timetable? Breakfast from 7:30 am to 9 am, Lunch from 1 pm to 3 pm and dinner from 8 pm to 9:45 pm. The canteen will be closed during the Easter and Christmas holidays.
9. If my class does not allow me to eat at the canteen, what is the solution? You will find some sheets of paper in the canteen, where you may write down that you want the meal to be kept: It is essential that you give us prior warning.
11. What is lunch and dinner like? Can one choose the dishes? A balanced diet, with two first courses and two second courses, left to one’s choice. There is always a vegetable and a fish dish. The salads and desserts are varied.
16. May I have a refrigerator in my room? No, there is a refrigerator in the canteen that has milk, yoghurt and fruit, available to all residents 24 hours a day. For reasons of hygiene and health, one must not have food in the rooms.
19. On which dates and at what times may one enter the residence hall once I’ve been admitted? On any day starting from the day on which the contract period begins, giving due notice to the management.
Is this possible at weekends?
22. May a friend come over to the residence hall to study or eat? Yes, they may come over to study, but you must assume responsibility for their behaviour. They can also stay over to eat at the residence hall. The canteen service is paid on the spot. Visitors will have to leave before midnight.
And may relatives or friends stay overnight in my room? Yes, they may come but giving prior notice to the management and paying the supplement for the stay.
24. Are there any timetables for entering and leaving? Does the residence hall close at any time? Residents have no restrictions for the time they may leave or enter the residence hall. Each resident has a key to the entrance door of the residence hall and another key to his/her room, so it will be possible to enter and leave at one’s convenience.
30. I’m a foreigner and have no current account number in Spain. How can I open an account from where I am? When you arrive at the residence hall, we’ll tell you about the nearby banks where you can open a current account.
31. Does the monthly fee include everything? No, it includes accommodation, full board from Sunday (dinner) to Friday (lunch), except for holidays, weekly cleaning of room, fixed telephone quota, Wi-Fi Internet connection, use of the common areas and VAT. Telephone calls will paid for separately.
33. May I register at the residence hall if I’m not going to study at the Rovira i Virgili University ? Students of the Rovira i Virgili University will be given priority over other students, but students from other universities or centres may also register, as long as there are vacancies.
34. Can you guarantee that I will have a place at the residence hall if I fill in the advance resgistration form and I pay for the registration within the term specified? Place confirmation will be obtained once the list of admissions has been published early in August at the website www.resa.es
35. If I have made the advance registration application and have been admitted, will I be returned the registration payment if I cancel the application? No, the registration payment will only be returned in the events especified at the registration conditions.
37. How will I know that I have been admitted? A list of those persons admitted and not admitted will be published in the website of RESA. If you are admitted, you will receive the letter of acceptance, along with the access codes to the users zone of the RESA website, for you to accept the accommodation contract online. In order to definitively formalise your booking, it is essential that you accept the contract online and send the documentation requested in the acceptance letter before the end of August.
38. Do we have to include our credit card data in the booking? Yes, this is essential for the purposes of guaranteeing the booking and for covering possible penalties (annulments made with a term of less than 24 hours before the day of entering and damages to the facilities and goods of the residence hall).
Sant Jordi Residence Hall
Avda. Lluís Companys, 5
Telephone: (+34) 977 240 195
Fax: (+34) 977 243 134
Facilities and Services